REPORTS TO: Manufacturing Director
PREPARED BY: ADP Resource
This position is primarily responsible for supporting manufacturing needs as well as operating assigned machining equipment and all other associated work including preventative maintenance, machine changeovers, and making minor adjustments by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Takes responsibility for fabrication of parts for engineering prototypes.
• Provides support to manufacturing for fabricating parts.
• Provides support to manufacturing for fixtures in accordance with engineering drawings and specifications.
• Takes responsibility for maintenance of shop equipment.
• Operates and maintains machines.
• Performs general manual labor tasks.
• Performs minor repairs of equipment and fixtures using a variety of hand tools.
• Assembles, disassemble, and transports temporary or permanent structures, furniture, and fixtures.
• Unloads, loads, lifts and moves materials.
• Stacks materials for storage.
• Collects refuse and salvageable materials.
• Assists with receiving tasks.
• Operates manual and power tools.
• Operates forklifts.
• Operates equipment is a safe and effective manner in order to minimize the risk of injury, or property damage.
• Operates all heavy equipment in a safe and efficient way according to all relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
• Trains other operators on use of machinery.
• Performs best practice quality checks on line and equipment.
• Sets up machinery and ensures all production materials are available.
• Operates and monitors equipment and replenishes materials as needed
• Monitors line for defective materials and perform any other related work in accordance with line quality.
• Records all data as required.
• Cleans and sanitizes all equipment and facility as required.
• Performs daily safety and maintenance checks.
• Participates in projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
• Maintains adequate records of key production variables such as production volume, yield, plant uptime, utility consumption, etc., on a daily, weekly, and/or monthly basis, as required.
• Participates in Quality Assurance program.
• Ensures heavy equipment is securely stored.
• Cleans hand-held mechanical devices as scheduled and/or required.
• Participates in routine maintenances.
• Practices workplace safety.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources.
Ethics – Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
Organizational support – Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Attendance/Punctuality – Consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Initiative – Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Associate’s degree (A.A.) preferred
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of: machining interface software (ISO and G Code)
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Completion of a machinist operator’s apprenticeship program preferred.
Working knowledge of CNC and conventional Mills and Lathes and related software
Ability to read and understand drawings.
Must possess basic knowledge of machines and tools with regard to safety, use and repair.
Must possess the knowledge of applicable health and safety standards applicable to work environment
Must possess basic knowledge of the language and terminologies used in this occupation.
Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and willingness to work as a team
Ability to use measuring equipment
Ability to operate machinery
At least one (1) year of work-related experience preferred.
Able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays.
May require some travel on an as needed basis.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.